West Lothian Council
All five Recycling Centres in West Lothian – Oakbank (Livingston), Whitburn, Linlithgow, Broxburn and Blackburn – will re-open on Monday.
All five centres will be open 7 days a week from 10am – 6pm.
They have been closed due to restrictions on non-essential travel which have been in place across the country throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
Residents should make you sure to read the following points before visiting a Recycling Centre.
- Customers are being advised to expect changes at the centres to ensure they comply with social distancing guidelines and operate safely for both staff and customers.Queuing is likely at times and customers can expect to have to wait to gain access.
- If customers do not have an urgent need to dispose of items, we’d advise you to hold off visiting the sites initially to avoid long queues. Only cars will be allowed access to Recycling Centres, with no trailers or vans are allowed at this stage. This is in line with national guidance and is aimed at reducing congestion.
- There will also be changes to the site layouts and drop off process. A limited number of parking bays will be available at each Recycling Centre and staff will be on hand to direct customers when they enter. Customers will be asked to remain in their vehicle until they are directed to a parking bay and will not be able to leave their bay as the rest of the site is closed. Each bay provides access to a bagged waste skip and a bulky waste skip. Customers must ensure that they maintain a 2 metre distance from others.
- Staff will not be able to help unload vehicles so if you require assistance to dispose of waste in skips, you should bring someone from your own household with you to help.
- Licencing requirements prevent us from accepting electrical items (such as fridges, cookers and tumble driers), gas bottles, tyres, asbestos or liquids (such as paint and oil) at this time.
Residents are thanked for their patience throughout this time.